In 2011 I read 40 books as part of the reading challenges I participated in. I love to read and I am rarely without a book or two going.
This year I decided to change things up a bit with my reading. I have decided not to participate in any reading challenges this year and instead have given myself a challenge to read 24 non-fiction books in 2012. You see I love to read fiction and do not read enough non-fiction. I will also be reading non-fiction (I will be sharing that list in a future post) and will continue to review books throughout the year.
Here are the books I have chosen in no particular order.
- One Thousand Gifts: Daring to Live Fully Right Where You are ~ Ann Voskamp
- Saved Without A Doubt ~ John MacArthur
- A Modern Girls Guide to Bible Study ~ Jennifer Hatmaker
- One Million Arrows: Raising Your Children to Change the World ~ Julie Ferwerda
- Kisses From Katie ~ Katie Davis
- After Homeschool ~ Tamra B. Orr
- Educating the Whole-Hearted Child ~ Clay & Sally Clarkson
- The Ministry of Motherhood ~ Sally Clarkson
- Homeschooling Gifted and Advanced Learners ~ Cindy West
- Lies Homeschool Moms Believe ~ Todd Wilson
- Don’t Make Me Come Up There: Ouiet Moments for Busy Moms ~ Kristen Welch
- One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler ~Tish Oxenreider
- A Pocketful of Pinecones ~ Karen Andreola
- Real Learning: Education in the Heart of the Home ~ Elizabeth Foss
- Life Books: Creating a Treasure for the Adopted Child ~ Beth O’Malley
- Bad Girls of the Bible and What We Can Learn From Them ~ Liz Curtis Higgs
- What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms ~ Angie Smith
- Letters to Children ~ C.S. Lewis
- Enough: Contentment in an Age of Excess ~ Will Samson
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks ~ Rebecca Skloot
- Lessons At The Blackberry Inn: Adventures with the Gentle Art of Learning ~ Karen Andreola
- When I Lay My Isaac Down ~ Carol J Kent
- Loving Living Math~Cindy West
- Notebooking Success
How about you? Do you have reading goals for 2012? Please share them in the comments!