Blog planners..have you heard of them? Up until a couple of weeks ago I had not! To be honest it had never occurred to me that I would need such a tool?
I will be honest and let you in on a little secret. I’m a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl. If you have been a long time reader then you know that I post reviews frequently! My method for keeping track of my reviews were to make a list on a piece of paper with all the due dates posted next to each review. That was it! When the review was done I crossed it off the list.
If I had an idea for a blog post, my simple solution was to write it down on a piece of paper hopefully near the computer or I would just try to remember it in my head. Yeah that remembering part was working out very well for me. Ahem…..
I had the opportunity to choose a blog planner to review. There were quite a few to choose from. Many were very detailed with more then one page. I knew those were not for me. I knew I would never follow through with using something with several pages.
Knowing myself so well and my organizational methods I knew I needed something simple and streamlined. A planner that did not have me spending more time planning a blog post then writing one. Something I could quickly write my thoughts down on and refer to quickly without thumbing though a couple of pages.
When I saw the free blog planner from Mommy Words. I knew this was the planner for me! It is a simple, one page stream-lined planner.
With the paperwork, school work, junk mail and other various papers that seem to migrate to our home, a one page blog planner was just up my alley!
Here is a breakdown of each section:
- The week of – this section allows you to enter the dates you wish.
- Topic/Title-There are Monday Through Sunday spaces where you can add your topic or title about your blog post.
- Category- a place to write what tag to give a particular blog post.
- Linkup/Hashtag/Promote- a great reminder to linkup, add a hashtag or promote a particular blog post.
- To-Do’s-This section has a check list for Backup, Check/back links, Design Check, Comment replies, check for Updates, Revenue/Expense and two blank spaces to add anything else you would want in this category.
- Communicate-Reach Out-A section for reaching out to others, perhaps another blogger or company and the reason why you are doing so.
- Notes/Shards of Brilliance (I really like her wording for this category!)-here is a space where you can write additional ideas and notes to yourself about something important you may want to remember. Or it would be a great space for thoughts on an upcoming blog post or idea.
I really like the stream-lined design of this blog planner. I can print as many or as few pages at a time that I want. There is plenty of space to write in each section. This is a great blog planner if you are looking for a way to organize your blog posts!
If you are looking for a blog planner that is simple to use and just one page, this one may be perfect for you! If this is not exactly what you are looking for, you can visit Mosaic Reviews and read some great reviews of several other planners (all free!) and discover and the one that fits your needs!