When I was offered to be a reviewer for My Home School Grades I almost did not take advantage this opportunity. Really. My boys are still fairly young at 11 and 8. I live in a state (NJ) that does not require a lot of record keeping and paperwork. I am in no way ready for transcripts. That was my line of thinking at the time.
After hearing about how wonderful My Home School Grades is I decided to go ahead and apply to be a reviewer for this product.
I will just say it now! I am so glad I decided to review My Home School Grades! So glad!
My Home School Grades was created by a homeschool dad John Echols and a home school graduate Jordan Shute This program is a homeschool grade tracking program that easily allows you to track your students grades. But is is so much more than just a grade tracker. So much more!
Here is what My Home School Grades can do for your home school!
- Track students home school grades
- Use your lesson plans-you can choose from the list of curriculum already listed in the program (example: Math-U-See, Apologia, Sonlight, Rosetta Stone, Teaching Textbooks and more!) OR you can add your own curriculum and lesson plans
- There is also the option to request curriculum to be added to My Home School Grades
- Options on grading each class by lesson plan, single grade or dual enrollment
- Calculate GPA and credits
- Track Extracurricular Activities
- Create and Export College Ready Transcripts
- Create Transcripts
What I love about the program! Can I say everything! What an awesome program! It is so very easy to use! I was not expecting it to be so simple, but it is! If you can type you can use this program! It is that simple!
I mentioned my boys were young and I was not (or so I thought) in need of a grade tracking program at the present time. I was wrong! I need this program! Not only can I track the boys grades, I can track all of their extracurricular activities! We have been volunteering this year and I was able to add all those dates. I can add the field trips we have attended. I can also recreate past events. Lessons from my planners done in previous years can be added! I can even create future events! Oh and did I mention it was easy? My Home School Grades is super easy to use!
Another wonderful feature is that I can use the program on the go! I can access it with my Kindle or my smart phone (if I had one). It works with any browser and there is no special app you need to download!
I mentioned it was easy to use. It is! The program is very user friendly and very easy to navigate! It took me about 5 minutes to set up both Justin and Kaden into the program. It took just a few minutes to add their classes and their extracurricular activities! Easy peasy!
there is more to love:
- you can upload a photo of your child if you wish. I have not done this yet as I love the little chalk students pictured above!
- you can have unlimited students-this is a great feature for larger families.
- If you prefer not to use a grading system there is a simple pass/fail option. I love this option!
- you can print only the years you wish. If you start using the program in kindergarten and your student is now getting ready for college you can print transcripts of just their high school years!
Now I know you are wondering about the cost. My Home School Grades program costs $49.99 for a LIFETIME membership! Lifetime! That means any updates or futures upgrades are included!
If you are not sure if this program is for you. My Home School Grades offers a 14 day (2 week) FREE trial! No credit card required to sign up for the free trial! So what are you waiting for? Give it a try! You will not be sorry you did!
note: click on photos to enlarge