The God Puzzle by Valerie Ackermann
About the book: The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child's attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn't working. Sunday School isn't doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
- ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
- can be done at any pace that works with your
family . . . every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there . . . it fits into realistic family life
- puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
- in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
- any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today with no prep
- deep theology put into language a child can understand
- deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
- put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
- child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
The God Puzzle is a wonderful and engaging tool to help your child learn about God. The book is a workbook type of book, filled 36 lessons about God and the Bible. Lest you think it is a typical workbook, it is not. The God Puzzle is colorful and easy to understand, yet very comprehensive.
The lessons are designed in such a way as to be easily understood and engaging for the child. I know you you may have shied away from the term workbook. Even though it is in workbook format, this book is far from dull. Your child can work through the lessons easily. There is space for writing in answers to the assignments as well as prayers.
One aspect I really liked about The God Puzzle is that there is no prep time for the parent or teacher. You can just dive right in. All you need is a Bible and pencil and you are set to go. You can work at your child’s pace and take as much time as needed on each lesson.
The age recommendation is 6-12, but I would dare to say that children older (and even adults) would benefit from using The God Puzzle.
You can read more about the God Puzzle at the Litfuse website.
About the Author: Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children's Ministry Director at Parkwood Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children's ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages. Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of God.
Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.
disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Litfuse in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.