About the Book
The Big Picture Interactive Bible has nearly a thousand features in full color throughout including pictures of key items so children can understand what they're reading. The B&H Kids Augmented Reality App (free and available for Android and iPhone) creates a digital pop-up book when used with full-color illustrations, bringing the Bible to life for each child. It features the full text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, a clear, contemporary English translation that's faithful to the original languages of the Bible.
Other features included are:
- Big Words - Colorful Bible Dictionary entry with photos, maps, illustrations and descriptions of key terms, right in the Bible text.
- Big Questions/Big Answers - Kids always want to know why. This feature asks and then answers many of the common "big questions" throughout the Bible.
- Christ Connection - This feature can be found from Genesis to Revelation and will help kids understand how each story points us to Christ and His work for us.
- Introductions - Basic information about the books of the Bible will give kids perspective on the who, what and when for each book as well as "the Big Picture" from that book and key stories it contains.
- Icons - Special icons are placed throughout the Bible to connect to the Gospel Project for Kids curriculum.
- Memory Verses - Scripture memorization is much more than "saying the words." When a child memorizes a Bible verse and puts it to practice in their daily life, that child begins to learn how God can lead his life. The top 100 verses to remember are highlighted throughout the Bible.
- Parent Connection - This feature is designed to help parents be empowered to engage deeper in the story with their kids.
- Seeing the Big Picture - This feature digs into key Bible stories to help young hearts and minds grasp the meaning and provide parents with extra information to discuss the Bible with their kids.
The Big Picture Interactive Bible is a unique Bible in that it is interactive. Not only can you read it as you would a normal Bible but you can download the Free app that comes with the Bible and interact with it.
The translation of this particular Bible is the Holman Christian Standard version, a version we did not own. I like this translation. It is easy to read and understand, although it is not a watered down version of the Bible. It is the full version from Genesis to Revelation. There are several full color maps in the back of the book for reference. I also really like the colored illustrations throughout. I really appreciate the sections for learning Big Words, which helps children understand some of the bigger words used in the Bible.
The pages are thin, but very sturdy and not so paper thin that they tear easily and the print is not teeny tiny, but a nice
There is a Bible story index and a topical concordance in the back of the book as well.
The illustrations are eye catching. I especially like the way the books of the Bible are written. You really take notice of them.
We really liked The Big Picture Interactive Bible and will be using it with our Bible studies.
disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the Publisher in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.